Led by One Dance UK (ODUK) and hosted by FABRIC, this year’s U.Dance regional events took place through March and April in Birmingham, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, and Nottinghamshire.
Each platform had its own shortlisting process which brought together young dancers to showcase their work and talent on stages across the Midlands.
Two groups were selected to then be shortlisted by the ODUK panel for the final decision for the National Festival.
The shortlisted groups were:
- Birmingham / Sterran Touring Company and Marshon Dance
- Derbyshire / Bounceback and Next Door Dance Youth, Derbyshire
- Leicestershire / Shiamak Davar International and Moving Together
- Lincolnshire / Evolve Youth Dance Company and Diamondz School of Dance
- Northamptonshire / Northampton School for Boys and Northampton College
- Nottinghamshire / Bilborough College and Nottinghamshire Contemporary Youth Dance Company
The final selections made by the ODUK panel for the National U.Dance Festival are:
- Flexus Touring Company with their work The Pearl
- Shiamak Davar International with their work Ganesh Vandana
- Northampton School for Boys with their work Self-Deprecation
The final selected groups have the opportunity to take their work to Northern Stage in Newcastle between 21 – 23 July 2023, where they will be joined by other selected youth dance groups from across the country to celebrate the wealth of talent within the UK’s youth dance scene. Find out more here