Dance from England has been delighted to offer bursaries to independent artists and producers based in England to attend any international marketplace or festival that has a strong presenter presence.
This is a new opportunity for artists and producers who have already been researching and making international connections. It has been ideal for those who had started to build audiences overseas or have started to develop an artistic kinship with a specific scene or community which could lead to presentation.
This opportunity will aim to create touring opportunities by building relationships that had already been cultivated.
To be eligible for the opportunity, artists and producers needed to have:
- worked independently (i.e. not in receipt of regular funding)
- be a dance artist or dance producer with at least 5 years of professional experience
- be based in and make work in England
- have a tour-ready work suitable for your international target market
- have a strong track record of touring
- have started to build your international networks
- have an infrastructure in place to enable international touring opportunities
- not be in receipt of an international tanzmesse nrw 2022 bursary
Awarded bursaries were £1,500 – this year’s recipients were:
- Akeim Toussaint Buck – Le FTA, festival international de danse et théâtre à Montréal 2023, Canada
- Gillie Kleiman – B.Motion 2023, Italy
- Joss Arnott – CINARS 2022, Canada
- Waddah Sinada – Summer Dance Forever 2022, Amsterdam