We’re looking for an attentive and proactive Support Artist for our bespoke 6-week school dance programme in Central Birmingham.
Working in Special Educational Needs (SEN) settings, the Support Artist will support KS3 & KS4 participants throughout their project experience using the theme of ‘Twisted Tales of Hansel and Gretel’.
As part of this project, we are undertaking a case study which will inform the creation of resources for teachers and dance practitioners delivering dance in SEN settings.
Contract: Freelance contract, 10 January – 21 February 2024 (6 weeks) Wednesdays, 1 – 3pm
Fee: £510 + Travel expenses
£65 per session (2 hours) x 6 = £390
£30 per session (1 hour) for check-ins & evaluation x 4 = £120
Application deadline: Thursday 7 December 2023, 5pm
The Support Artist will:
- Work closely with a lead artist to ensure students can participate.
- Fully commit to embedding high-quality integrated and accessible practice within all aspects of the project.
- Provide pastoral support.
- Support the creative ambitions of the project.
- Contribute to the case study findings and creation of resources.
We would like to hear from artists who have:
- Previous relevant experience in a similar role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and relationships quickly.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to deliver feedback sensitively.
- An ability to work collaboratively as a wider team.
- A commitment to meaningful integrated practice, enabling inspirational and positive experiences.
- An awareness of best practice, safeguarding, and risk management.
- An up-to-date DBS check as part of working with children and vulnerable individuals
If you feel you fit our brief, we’d love to hear from you!
How to apply
To apply, please send us:
- Your CV or LinkedIn profile (with details of two referees)
- A cover letter or video/audio file (max. 3 mins) outlining how you think your experience and skills match our role description and why you feel you are well suited to this post.
You can download the application pack (Word doc) at the bottom of this page. If you require the application pack in an alternative format, please get in touch.
Please submit the above by Thursday 7 December 2023, 5pm via email, to Schools@fabric.dance with ‘FABRIC School Support Artist’ in the subject line.
We will then be in touch to arrange an interview.
FABRIC thrives on the passion, creativity, and commitment of all the people we work with, and we are committed to celebrating difference in all aspects of our makeup, governance and work output. We recognise the positive values of diversity, promote equality and challenge all forms of discrimination. We actively welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply for this role.